Tuesday, April 29, 2014

So many projects, and people, waiting for the REAL spring!

I made a big mistake earlier today.  I emailed a friend, commenting on the strong winds we've been having the last couple of days.  I should have stopped there but then I dared to say that at least it wasn't snowing.  Big mistake. Now it looks like this outside.

At the bottom middle is my former snow measuring stick.  It finally fell over last week and all the snow around it WAS gone.  Until today.

But we have spring things we want to do!  Just being outside without freezing or blowing away would be a bonus right now, but there's more.  Our new glider for the front porch was delivered last Friday, in pieces, of course.  I should have started in on it last Friday when the sun was still shining at least.  I didn't but because I'm pretty impatient about projects like this, I dug around in the boxes to find the instructions.  They looked pretty challenging, like Ikea challenging but with more words, so my organization obsession kicked in and now our stairs in the entryway look like this:


And the boxes outside look like this, a little damp from blowing snow, sleet and whatever else is coming down. (The Christmas tree stand is heading for the flea market. It was a loser!)

So we will continue to dream about our B&B guests, and/or us, sitting on the porch in our glider and our new little bistro set.  I refuse to get out the winter jackets again.  I have already washed and stashed them away for the summer, and they are NOT coming back out again.  

By the way, those are big water droplets on the table top, not some cool textured effect.  Very discouraging.

2 comments:

mm said...

Did you order from By the Yard?

Mary Childs said...

Mary - Yes, they had a spring home show deal, kind of the same deal that hooked us into the green chairs on the deck. Weak...