Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mary's Motley Minutiae

Today I'm celebrating 32 consecutive blog posts!  Yay me!

So perhaps that's why I calling today's blog "Mary's Motley Minutiae."  And to me that means this is a mixed group of small, trivial topics that I'm gathering into one post.  Here goes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This afternoon I sat down to read in the living room.  The sun was streaming in the windows and everything was perfect for reading.  And then I heard a sound - a ticking, clacking sound that I couldn't identify but yet couldn't ignore.  And this is all pretty unusual since I'm pretty much deaf in my right ear. (I blame the Army!)  But my left ear was taking up the slack, so I went in search of "the sound."  I didn't have to go far because this is what I found basking in the sunny windowsill:
It's a little solar-powered cute thing that Leann's sister, Sandy, sent her for her birthday.  Leann says just looking at it makes her happy!  So that was the sound!  Mystery solved!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple weeks ago our church here in town asked me and another member to create a Facebook page for our church.  And now here it is:

So, do a search on "First Lutheran Church in Port Wing" and then "Like" us so we can spread the word!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And finally, one of our favorite out-of-town restaurants to go to in our area is The Pizza Parlor in Iron River, Wisconsin.  The decor is so comfortably "northern Wisconsin" and the pizza is really good.  We send guests there as a dinner choice and they often mention it in our guest books.

And we went there this afternoon for a late lunch.  We learned one thing though - ordering a pizza with half "Pizza Parlor Deluxe" doesn't really go with the other half as "Mediterranean Pizza."  Feta and artichokes don't go with sausage and tomato sauce, even if they are on their own sides!

Note to self!




2 comments:

Grekland nu said...

Of course I like your church on Facebook!! It is so fascinating to think of our ancestors coming there and starting this church...

mm said...

Liked!