Sunday, March 9, 2014

Blogs in the Spotlight: S.O.S.-Sheri on Sports

Perhaps you've noticed that I've been having some fun with this blog.  As I've added more posts every day, I've worked up my courage to send the link out to some of my friends and now I'm getting some fun responses in return.

Today I heard from my friend, Sheri, from high school days.  Sheri and I were in band together and had lots of fun playing at basketball game half time performances, going to band camp, and we even marched at a Green Bay Packer game.  She played alto sax and I played French horn.  Sheri was really into sports back then, too, as much as we could be back in the pre-Title IX days when there were no sports for girls, except for GAA - Girls' Athletic Association.  Yes, it's true!

But Sheri has made up for it with her interest in sports since then! Sheri has been writing a blog called S.O.S.-Sheri on Sports for several years now.
Her blog is a part of the Chicago Now collection of bloggers.  Her blogs follow many of the women's pro teams, but she gets into all the other sports, too.  Her big passion, however, is golf.  In fact, in her email today she commented that she was waiting for the last few inches of the last big Chicago snowstorm to melt, because her golf game was waiting!

So, if you like sports, especially from a Chicago perspective, check out Sheri's blog and say "Hi!"

No comments: