Sunday, May 25, 2014

Quarry Beach fun and let's "Just Dance"

It may be a record for us up here, but we had the first "beach-y" trip to Quarry Beach today, May 25, Memorial Day weekend.  Leann's nephew was satisfied just playing in the sand, but as you can see, some people are in swimming - Lake Superior, May 25 (again), temperature still below 40˚!  Makes my bones ache just thinking about it!  That white stuff in the water is pollen, not ice.  The ice is further down the beach!

After dinner tonight I turned on the Wii, put in the "Just Dance" game and we watched our future dancer rock out!  We had recently watched a video of him in his class music program, and I just knew Wii dancing was going to be the game for him!  He's a natural!  I always have to concentrate on either what the arms OR the feet are doing; he was able to do both and collect lots of points!

What a beautiful day!  I think the temperature got above 80 for the first time and it was a perfect summer day.  Tomorrow is the Memorial Day observance at the cemetery, remembering those from our town, no longer living, who have served in the Armed Forces in past years.  Maybe the rain will hold off until later in the day!

2 comments:

mm said...

The pollen and the 40º make being in the lake insane.

P + FW = SO
Pollen plu Freezing Water = Stay Out.

There's a new blog challenge. Check out LH's blog.

LH said...

Sometimes I wonder if I should get a wii fit. I would have problems with the dancing.

Join the blog challenge????