Friday, May 30, 2014

One hundred days of blog posts!

I've posted every day for 100 days!  Yay!  When I started I thought I'd make it a week, two weeks, maybe a month, and that I'd never find enough things to write about.  Surprise, surprise!  Good thing I made it to 100 today because tomorrow I may be someplace where there is no wifi, or I can get creative just with my iPhone.  We'll see...

Today's been a busy one from morning to night.  Breakfast at The Port with friends, then home for more mowing--we have a LOT of yard!  Leann spent much of the day trimming around the apple & cherry trees in the orchard, and resetting fencing around some of the smaller trees to keep the deer from chewing off the ends of the branches.  And I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture, because the orchard is BEAUTIFUL!  But next week the apple blossoms should pop, so there will be lots of photos then!

And today our dirt was delivered!
It looks like a lot, but we're going to have help getting it moved to the raised beds.  Leann did load some up in our Ranger UTV--"Cammie"--and moved it to our new 3-level flower bed.  We ordered it online from Home Depot, but we're still not sure what we'll plant in it.  Herbs, for sure, but something else, too.
Having "Cammie" around has been so helpful for hauling stuff around here, and we have fun going back on our trails, too.  Cammie came as a gift from Leann's Mom & Dad a couple years ago.  We had never seriously thought about getting one, but her Dad thought we needed one.  I guess he was right, because we're using it all the time!
A little more dirt and this will be ready to add some plants.
So we spent most of today outside--out in the grass, in the orchard, and late this afternoon we took Cammie up into the meadow on our trails, even going all the way back to the far corner of our property--first time it was dry enough to go all the way.  No trees down over the trails from winter!  So that's a lot of time in the trees, long grass, and the negative consequence of all that "woods" time is...

...yes, wood ticks.  As soon as you sit still for a minute, a faint feeling of movement lets you know you have a wood tick somewhere on you.  These are only about 1/4 inch in size and aren't the more dangerous deer ticks--about the size of the head of a pin.  I've only had this one tonight, but I still feel kind of...itchy!

Happy 100 days!

3 comments:

Grekland nu said...

100 days and 100 posts, that's great!! Keep writing...

mm said...

Congrats on 100!

I'm itchy looking at the picture.

John Robert McFarland said...

Congrats