Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sunset at the pier and light beacon

Beautiful night down at the pier.  I just kept taking pictures on my phone until I thought I might have one with the beacon light showing.  So, there it is on the far right--that little pin prick!

Today was a frustrating medical day.  We got a little back in April telling us our doctor in Duluth was moving from Internal Medicine to Emergency Room work so she could spend more time with her family.  So we would need to find a new doctor.  I should have done something about it as soon as we got the letter.  Unfortunately we waited...until today...and the selection of female Internal Medicine doctors affiliated with St. Luke's Hospital in Duluth is PRETTY slim!  A total of one...and she doesn't have the best ratings in the Healthgrades.com website!  AND more important, her assistant didn't call me back today.  Luckily I didn't actually need to make an appointment...yet...

I have one other medical topic, sort of.  Back in April I wrote about my attempt to get some help from the Department of Veterans Affairs for my nearly total hearing loss in my right ear, based on the job I did while I was in the Army.  About a month ago I received a letter from them saying they were still considering it and might need some more information.  Then on Saturday I received another letter saying they are "still processing your application for COMPENSATION.  We apologize for the delay."

So, cynic that I am, I'm wondering if this second letter is a result of all the VA uproar and them trying to make good on open applications.  And mine is just a hearing issue.  I would hope that now things start to go faster for those vets who are really suffering.

Huh...I now see that they addressed this letter to me with my maiden name--Larson.  That wasn't the name I used on the application.  Let the confusion begin!


1 comment:

LH said...

I'm dealing with a million medical appointments after being away for a year. It's got to be done, but still so annoying. Good luck with the VA!